Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sixense Razer Hydra Oculus Rift Tuscany Demo RELEASED

TLDR: http://sixense.com/sixensetuscanydemo

I'm so happy we could get this to you all before the weekend!

You're probably all off in Oculus Land now but I'm leaving a few notes here in case some of you run into issues.

1. MotionCreator 2 is REQUIRED - If you try to use Oculus Rift + Hydra with stock Hydra drivers you're gonna have a bad time. Massive frame stuttering will occur and it doesn't feel great.

2. Submit your email! - We're going to continue developing this demo with some really cool features we have in mind. The best way for you to make sure you know when we update the build is to add yourself to this "Sixense Tuscany Demo" specific mailing list. We wont spam you or give your email address to evil corporations, we're not like that.

3. Source Code? - Again everyone here is really happy to finally have you all enjoying this demo. That said, there's probably a good number of you who are wondering about getting some source code! It's not quite ready to be released publicly BUT, the best way to make sure you get it when it comes out is to register on our forums where it will be available in the Developer section!

4. What do you think? - As with all things we do it's most important that we know what our users think of it. If you have any feedback, ideas or just general input please share it with us!

Okay, to Occulus Land!
    Dan Paullus
    Director of Media and User Experience
    Sixense Studios

It is beyond anything I have ever experienced on a computer (Doom, Quake + mouselook, Rift, Rift + Hydra). Bravo. How can I sign up for this mailing list? I cannot wait to get my hands on the source code. Thank you so, so, so much for working late tonight and getting this posted.

It's very cool. Well done.

I think "touch your shoulders" could use a diagram. I couldn't actually touch mine with the controllers, well, at least not without releasing my grip. And first time I did something that was clearly wrong ("touch" on top).

This demo was so very cool. I really wish I had an Occulus Rift right now.

I made a little video messing around with the demo too:

It's amazing, nice demo which uses a true motion. Missing it in Garrys Mod and other games like sandboxes, puzzles. When will be consumer version of Oculus Rift ??? Please tell me!! :P

Great, Super, and Hurray

I don't want to go off-topic on here, but Garry's Mod would be absolutely awesome to use the Hydra with.

It's time to start bugging Dan for the source code like we did for the demo. Come on Dan, Source code! thanks

I will second that. Please provide the source soon. In my Mirrored Reality scene, I now have an entire basketball court set up, many different balls. a pool table, air hockey, ping pong table, punching bag and more just waiting to hack into what they have done with the brilliant grabbing mechanism in the Tuscany Hydra Razer demo. I just received my Hydra yesterday but I'm all set. RazerHydraObjMirroredReality.JPG
    Some other fun things I'm working on is getting networking support so we can do this all multiplayer. I have multiplayer but obviously not tracking multiple control schemes and Hydra hands. I'll also need to build in a complicated but light weight physics engine (somehow managing switching on and off the physics and passing around the objects tracked among the networked users but you get the idea.
    In summary, get us some more demo code and we'll be building fun stuff sooner.

Source Code, Source Code. Maybe we just need to write our own MikeArms24.