Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Portal 2 community Hydra maps

Well then, i said i would make a proper Hydra community map, and i am hoping that other more experienced people will also make their own maps, and put their own little cheats into the workings.

so here we go, i present:

The Hydra-Cant-Think-Of-A-Name!

mymaps_untitled.jpg
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=71185402

as far as i can tell, the only challenge that is easy to achieve with the Hydra's special tools are ones with one-to-one.

I can imagine that with some cheats and some clever lateral thinking, you could make some puzzles using the Portal surfing, but I've not found a way with the current tools.... yet.

Anyway, please please share your own puzzles, i know that i for one am keen to see what other people do with the new editor.

The upgrade on the portal gun is overpowered that what my friend said.

Quote Originally Posted by Motion4 View Post
    The upgrade on the portal gun is overpowered that what my friend said.
    I... guess? Not sure how you can overpower a single player game, the MP guns are different. I supposed that technically it's possible to use the gun to cheat certain levels but I've not seen many puzzles where it really matters.

I subscribed to the map and will definitely play it upon launching Portal 2 the next time.

I will most definitely be making my own Hydra maps as well, and will post them here.

Cool

I wanna make a Portal 2 map now... But before that, let's see how many maps we can break with the Hydra.
    Last edited by cookies4you; 05-12-2012 at 02:01 AM.

I tried creating a map with their new puzzle creator, but I always get an error when I tell it to build.

I thought that may be because I have the Sixense DLC installed, but if you can do it without issues, then I guess it's because I have the original authoring tools (Hammer) installed. Or because I hacked the Sixense DLC to change the tutorial videos to use Glados's voice instead of a normal woman's voice, and added Glados, wheatley, and announcer voices to some of the Sixence DLC levels.

Run with -nosixense if you want to use the new editor. We should have a patch tomorrow that fixes this.
    Danny Woodall
    Creative Director
    Sixense Studios

Our STEM System Kickstarter project has been funded! More information at
    sixense.com/stem

There's another issue. People report not hearing Cave Johnson's voice during the user-created levels. There's supposed to be 25 minutes of new Cave Johnson dialog, with a line or two for each level you play.

And people get prompted about one-to-one mode when picking up any object.

BTW, are we going to be able to place the scaling cube in that editor? And ideally, breakable glass too?

This should go live today. Everything should be functioning correctly. Sorry for the delay everyone.

We do plan on adding a custom control scheme for the editor and hopefully be able to support our cube type. For now you'd have to use hammer to do that. I was able to load the preview.vmf in hammer though. Preview.vmf is created with the new editor in sdk_content/maps.
    Danny Woodall
    Creative Director
    Sixense Studios

Our STEM System Kickstarter project has been funded! More information at
    sixense.com/stem

Wow, that's awesome. Unfortunately I can't play Portal 2 anymore because my right trigger button stopped working (the spring broke ages ago, but the button still worked until now). And there's no way to remap it. I don't know how to get it replaced, since I bought it in person from EB Games.