9+9 axis joystick mode

I know you have this data coming out as midi - and that's great... it's half of the reason I bought the controller and am so excited about it.

I think that it would be really awesome to have the ability to have xyz loc, xyz rot, joystick x/y and trigger x mapped directly to joystick outputs. (and all the buttons) - 1 virtual joystick per hydra controller, since joysticks seem to have a max of 16 axis per controller.

This would allow easier integration into games where I want to use joystick movement, not just mouse look stuff.

I'm working on two projects inspired by the hydra - just for fun.. nothin' too commercial.
    1. A physically accurate hack 'n' slash game. - cuz I wanna slice and smash and use a whole lot more than just wrist movement on my 3D projector screen. I want to be in the game, and I think this would be awesomely fun.

2. A 1v1 hotseat quadcopter drone combat game. Two players will each get to control a qcopter drone with one of the controllers - each controllers xyz loc / xyz rot will wrap directly from the controllers to the tilt and speed motors on the qcopters, so when you move your hydra up, the copter goes up, down = down, left right in and out would also match.. and rotation would work so you could do loops and stuff.
    This game would be 3D (glasses style, not n64 style) and the global camera would remain locked like streetfighter, so you'd need to see the z-depth of your drone to accurately target the other drones. (or just see your laser site on their drone)

3. A 1v1 hotseat swordfightin' game...

Basically, I want to play some games that can only be played with the hydra. If they turn out nicely, I will release them.

My only option right now seems to be coding a project in python and c++, which would be really complicated... and probably way way easier for y'all to add. (I don't know python or c++ )

You would need to be able to calibrate the controllers for this to work. The original positions would need to be tracked and the controller's distance from it would have to be counted.

Although, it does sound nice, having 9 axises to work with.

Apparently somebody else was making a tool that works. It's not official and cannot be used for commercial purposes (at least, the virtual joystick program it requires for use) but it does the trick.

http://sixense.com/forum/vbulletin/s...ersion-0-4f%29

Anyhow, I learned to code python, and am working on the 1v1 game - I have a lame video of it that I'll leave up for a week or so here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYqV1-pf-Ss

I'm not ready to release the game because it ain't done yet, but I should have it solid enough for alpha testing by the end of the week... and I'll post results somewhere on this forum. =)