Unhappy Demoman: No turning in charge attack with Bootlegger equipped

As the Demoman, the "Chargin' Targe" and the "Splendid Screen" have a charge attack which is activated with alt fire. While in charge attack, the Demoman normally can not turn left or right unless you have "Ali Baba's Wee Booties" or the "Bootlegger" equipped. Then you should be able to turn slowly.

Playing with the Hydra however, I am not able to turn in any direction but have to run a straight line.

The crosshair is fixed to the center of the screen during the whole charge attack and the game does neither react to analog stick input nor to aiming with the right controller.
    "There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations with this device." - Severus Snape comparing the Sixense Motion Controller to PS Move, Kinect and the Wiimote.

Yeah, I've noticed this problem too. It's an issue with the integration itself and a limitation that was probably placed by Valve. There would be many problems with the balance if the Hydra could allow the Demoman to turn. Instant turn sword = Imba

When we integrated initially there was no limitation on the turning while charging, which was totally wrong and over powered obviously. I'm assuming that a hard lock was placed on the turning while charging with the Hydra. We'll note it and get a fix out in a future patch, thanks for letting us know!
    Dan Paullus
    Art Director
    Sixense Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    We'll note it and get a fix out in a future patch, thanks for letting us know!
    I have to thank you!
    "There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations with this device." - Severus Snape comparing the Sixense Motion Controller to PS Move, Kinect and the Wiimote.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    [...]We'll note it and get a fix out in a future patch [...]
    Well, it's almost five month later now and this did not get fixed

Okay so If it's a problem with not wanting to put the charge turning on the motion control part. How about when you activate charging you can steer with the left joystick (with which you move usually) Which imo would be fine.