Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I can't for the life of me get Dota 2 to work with the hydra.

I've entered the launch option, checked it repeatedly to make sure it was typed correctly, and then I made sure the razor system tray was closed (which honestly I've not used since I found the MC). I saw that Dota was updated on the 13th, could that possibly be my problem?

Leaving the Razor Sys Tray on doesn't seem to work, neither does leaving the MC open. Could anyone point me in the right direction here?

Right click dota 2 in Steam, choose Properties, click Set Launch Options, paste the line below into the field

-console -window -w 1920 -h 1200 -noborder +dota_force_right_click_attack 1 +dota_player_units_auto_attack 0 +dota_sixense_enabled 1

Change your resolution -w and -h to what your preference. This turns right click deny on and auto pursue off so take those out respectively if you want. This way you're using exactly what I am in terms of your launch options.

Now holster your Hydra handset in the base and launch Dota2, wait till the curtains open and you see the front page with the console now up. Pick the controllers up out of the base and press the right joystick button in when you're in a comfortable play position, this will set the mouse cursor center origin.

If you're getting no mouse cursor control at this point let me know.
    Dan Paullus
    Director of Media and User Experience
    Sixense Studios

It's working like a gem now, thanks a bunch!

So any tips on playing well for a first time DOTA player? ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Ajores View Post
    So any tips on playing well for a first time DOTA player? ;P
    If you're new to the game/genre try playing few matches with the bots first. There's a lot of different mechanics/heroes/items/terms/strategies so you need quite a lot of time and practice to be good (and people may be harsh if they don't like how you play, so just ignore if they trash talk, and listen if they give you good advice).
    You may want to read a guide for beginners like this one: http://www.playdota.com/learn
    And if you want to play a new hero it is good to read a guide about it first, and play a match with the bots to get to know its skills.

Hey... is there a Hydra group in the Dota2 chat field? Cause I'd join that in a heart beat if there was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kossak View Post
    If you're new to the game/genre try playing few matches with the bots first. There's a lot of different mechanics/heroes/items/terms/strategies so you need quite a lot of time and practice to be good (and people may be harsh if they don't like how you play, so just ignore if they trash talk, and listen if they give you good advice).
    You may want to read a guide for beginners like this one: http://www.playdota.com/learn
    And if you want to play a new hero it is good to read a guide about it first, and play a match with the bots to get to know its skills.
    Great advice, we school mouse and keyboard players regularly in the office using the Hydra integration, it just takes some time to rewire your brain.
    Dan Paullus
    Director of Media and User Experience
    Sixense Studios

Haha, you guys should make those notify things pop on the Dota 2 intergration to learn how to play it! Like you know what you guys did for Portal 2! It's for those people that don't know the keys for DotA 2!

When will we see a update on the dota 2 integration like custom grids ?