Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Razer Hydra wtih motion control in any game! I found a way

Though I am not sure if this method has been done before but I can now actually set my own key map with motion control to be used in any game...

By using the "DirectInput virtual gamepad" method located at this following link viewtopic.php?f=2&t=573

which helps your computer see the Razer Hydra's inputs as a normal controller's inputs

AND

Another program called "Xpadder" which I found a video on it that will tell you what it does and such which you can watch at this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1HLZu11E3c

THIS IS JUST SHOWING YOU THE PROGRAM I AM NOT TELLING YOU TO FOLLOW HIS LINK

But if you use that same method shown in the video after doing the "DirectInput virtual gamepad" Tutorial then when you open Xpadder you should be able to set up the Razer Hydra just like he did with his xbox controller and just like i did with my Razer Controller.

THE ONLY BUG IS THE FREAKING MOUSE CONTROL FOR THE RIGHT CONTROLLER >:O!!

Here are some Images of me using "Xpadder" with my controllers

So basically the steps are:
    1."DirectInput virtual gamepad" Setup
    2."Xpadder" setup as shown in video

Also if anyone knows how to disable the default mouse control please let me know!

Also i have the BMP images but if you want them then leave me a message

Re: Razer Hydra wtih motion control in any game! I found a way

Hey kenjiwolf,

thats basicaly exactly what i do with the input wrapper. Nice explanation, i think i suck at explaining stuff to people
    But meanwhile i use most the time Pinnacle Profiler instead of xpadder. The main difference is, that PP can also map any xinput (xbox360 gamepad) controls to the Hydra (xpadder can't do that). But xpadder is cost free (the older versions) and has the best setup interface that i've seen so far. PP is much more confusing.

With this method you can even map mixed gamepad + keyboard + mouse controls to the hydra at the same time. And then it is XB360 gamepad controls, those that are used from nearly all new games.

To disable the default mouse there is several ways, the easiest is to just close the Hydras systray app (or the beta drivers app, whatever you use). Its not needed for the wrapper or xpadder. Another way is to remove or disable the default.mce, in the beta driver you can just uncheck it.

You can also just create an own mce for any game and setup any controls in it additional to those you do in xpadder/pp, unless you double-setup anything it will work together just fine. For example: Mouse & gestures in MCE + keyboard or joystick commands in PP/xpadder.

Nice Hydra images for Xpadder, where did you get those ?

How come sixense didn't implement Xinput into the Razer Hydra?

Opadong explain to me how this combination of gamepad + keyboard + mouse, on Razer Hydra is possible? being that the Xpadder does not support controls with motion sensors, so far only the Pinnacle Game Profiler supports controls like: the Wiimote and will support the hydra. At the most the hydra can be used as a gamepad, and for aiming, use the analog.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirachi
    How come sixense didn't implement Xinput into the Razer Hydra?
    Agree, should be as it is in Xpadder, which has a user-friendly interface and is easy of create profiles. Only different of Xpadder , they could create various Xinput for, steering wheels, guitar, dualshock ... among other interesting peripherals for the PC, beyond to mouse + keyboard.

Opadong explain to me how this combination of gamepad + keyboard + mouse, on Razer Hydra is possible? being that the Xpadder does not support controls with motion sensors, so far only the Pinnacle Game Profiler supports controls like: the Wiimote and will support the hydra. At the most the hydra can be used as a gamepad, and for aiming, use the analog.

Mr.Wonkos direct input wrapper http://www.sixense.com/forum/phpBB3/....php?f=2&t=573 can place the motion controls on the axis of the ppjoy virtual joysticks. Those can then be programmed in Xpadder or Pinnacle Profiler just like any other direct input Joystick/gamepad device.

What you Programm in xpadder / PP is not the hydra directly, it is the virtual joysticks 1-4 created from ppjoy and the direct input wrapper can place any button and even the motion controls onto those virtual joysticks.

I did not know it was possible to do this with the wrapper on PPJoy. Now this nice to create profiles, because while not improving the support of the hydra, the way and create profiles on PGP / Xpadder.

is possible to use the five FPS modes of hydra? (Mouselook, FreeLook, Dual Analog ...) in the wrapper for to use on Xpadder / PGP?

is possible to use the five FPS modes of hydra? (Mouselook, FreeLook, Dual Analog ...) in the wrapper for to use on Xpadder / PGP?
    Thats not possible if you setup the mousepointer control using xpadder or PP, those can only place mouse movements on the virtual joystick axis with a few customization options.
    But you can setup the mousepointercontrol over mce in whatever FPS mode you want und leave everything else for Xpadder/PP.
    In this case you just create either a different default.mce or a mce for a specific game with nothing else in it but the mousepointer control commands. You can run it together with wrapper/xpadder/PP just fine.

Yes I want to use the FPS mode only for pp / Xpadder, because I find it easier to create a profile for any game, different software hydra that is quite complex. I'm more interested in use in a gender specific tps / fps. However I wanted the benefits of these two modes:

# Hybrid: This is a mixture of MouseLook and FreeLook. The center of the screen is MouseLook surrounded on the edges by FreeLook. This mode gives you very fast and precise aiming like MouseLook but without the need to ratchet since you can spin the view by moving the the edges.

# Akimbo: This is also a mixture of MouseLook and FreeLook. Mouselook is on the right controller but you can spin the view left and right with the left controller simultaneously.

Talking Controller Images for Advanced Hydra Setup

Here are a stereo pair of Hydras for your experiments.

http://theguys.dontexist.com/hydra/hydra-left.bmp

http://theguys.dontexist.com/hydra/hydra-right.bmp

Playing with this controller kit has been REALLY challenging and fun. I'll share my results eventually!

Enjoy