We support 5 different view modes for most FPS / 3rd Person games. You can check which modes are supported by each game by checking the gamelist on the MotionCreator app. Each mode will be listed as a separate game and will have different controls for each mode although we try to change the minimal amount of buttons between modes.
Change which mode you want to use by selecting your "Preferred FPS mode" from the pulldown on the bottom right corner of the app. This can be done on the fly and does NOT require a restart of the app or the game while switching modes.
- MouseLook: This is directly emulating a mouse. Use Button 1 on the right controller to ratchet the view.[/*:m:36d21pab]
- FreeLook: This is more like using a virtual joystick. The further you move the cursor away from the center of the screen the faster it spins in that direction.[/*:m:36d21pab]
- Dual Analog: This is like using a regular gamepad (left analog for movement, right for looking) except with a little bit of MouseLook enabled on the right hand which is great for fine aiming.[/*:m:36d21pab]
- Hybrid: This is a mixture of MouseLook and FreeLook. The center of the screen is MouseLook surrounded on the edges by FreeLook. This mode gives you very fast and precise aiming like MouseLook but without the need to ratchet since you can spin the view by moving the the edges.[/*:m:36d21pab]
- Akimbo: This is also a mixture of MouseLook and FreeLook. Mouselook is on the right controller but you can spin the view left and right with the left controller simultaneously.[/*:m:36d21pab]