MIDI Controller manual .pdf

If you need any help with the Hydra and MIDI, check this manual.

[attachment=0:7z7rn3f3]SixenseMIDIController.pdf[/attachment:7z7rn3f3]
    You can also find it if you browse to your Steam folder in this directory:
    Steam/steamapps/common/sixense midi controller/doc
    Ryan Allmand
    MIDI Developer

file missing

- edit - I found this in my steam directory..
    But it doesn't currently list what "step distance" is, and doesn't conveniently list all the CC outputs.

Also, there is a free for commercial use internal/ virtual midi routing program called http://maplemidi.com/ I suggest you advise users to use it, since it's not trial ware, nagware, or shareware.

If you'd like, I'd edit it for y'all, and upload a copy.
    Last edited by PaulTheGreat; 04-24-2012 at 10:55 PM.

i will try maple midi. Im trying to use the hydra with cubase midi instruments, but i find it very difficult. It requires some expertise. Thanks for pointing out where to find the manual.

Kind regards

Axel Bernadotte

What are you having difficulty with? This has been very very easy for me to get working.

1. open 2 midi apps, one for each controller
    2. set the midi apps to maple midi 1 and maple midi 2
    3. open reason, add 2 extra midi controllers (name 'em hydra left and hydra right)
    4. select a control I want to change - hit "edit remote override mapping"
    5. then I go to the midi app for the controller I want to use to and select the control I want to use and click learn
    6. I go back to reason and select "automatically learn" and it gets the controller message from the channel I set to learn.
    7. I go back to the midi app and uncheck the learn button.
    if you have two open, you might need to pause one for the other one to be able to "learn" the cc code.

I've also made a spreadsheet that gives me the exact control values, so instead of doing the "learn" feature, I can just select the CC value I want.

in other words, it's really easy, and the manual and youtube videos from sixence are really helpful

Oh, i havent had time to try maple yet. What did you mean with "edit and upload"? Is it that you prepare its settings for use with the hydra? That seems awfully nice. Please, if its not to much work for you.

These thing might be very easy, but I still have to look in manuals to get the idea. Im not so used with these kind of programs. Cubase without a manual would be impossible for me.

Hmmm, good info, and good tips. but my problem is that when I open two, something wrong happened. I have to search some info in youtube.